Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hardware/computer interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

eehero

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am wanna to learn about the interfacing between any hardware such as Mc programmer and the computer??
how the data to be interpreted from hexadecimal,transmitted via serial or parallel port, and finally transfered into
digital signals at the hardware

It is possible with the emulators/simulators. Learn more about these things.

Well, I beleive that the first thing you should know will be the programming of the computer, how will the computer receive data thorugh parallel or serial ports, and how to interpret the data. Then sending data to the device, e.g microcontroller, either serial or parallel. Then thats the time you will program the microcontroller. You can either start at computer or microcontroller side, just as long as you know how the process both side should do and the limitations your process you run into...

ok hermin

that is what i need to do, but i do not need to use an ready-made
interfacing software such as (ic-prog, atmel isp, ....), but i wanna to program
my special software to interpret and interface a hardware kit (such as an
a microcontroller programmer)

any one has a good material and resources about this issue, i want one
from A-Z resource if there are books it will be nice.

Try this:

There is a rapidshare links for ebooks about serial and parallel ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.