Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS receiver Board design

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.waqas

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i am going to design a vehicle tracker.i don't know much about PCB design.
actually I have to implement the GPRS modem and GPS receiver on the same board.
GPS receiver is GR-87-T0A by holux.
can u please tell me that is it possible to put this receiver on board.
i am attaching manual for this receiver,it has snap shot of receiver and layout as well.

i think this is not a difficult question infact very simple for experienced designers in the forum,still i can't get help..............

plz reply.......

m.waqas said:
i think this is not a difficult question infact very simple for experienced designers in the forum,still i can't get help..............
The module is designed to be placed on a PC Board, and the document you cite clearly shows that, so why wouldn't you be able to put it on-board? What are your concerns?

so u mean i can place it on my Board.
What are your concerns?
my concern is that some one told me you can't place it on a PC board having other modules.This module is packed in tin,he has told me that i have to use the matting of it's connector and than put that matting connector on the PCB.
i want my board like this.

m.waqas said:
my concern is that some one told me you can't place it on a PC board having other modules.This module is packed in tin,he has told me that i have to use the matting of it's connector and than put that matting connector on the PCB. i want my board like this.
The module is designed to be mounted to a PCB. You'll have to connect to it using a cable. I don't know what criteria you used to choose that module - there are ones that are better suited to your application.

There's no reason that you can't put all of those devices on one PC Board. You'll need to pay attention to your layout - low impedence power and ground, follow manufacturers recommendations on layout, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back