Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gm/IDS vs Vov plot in Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtzounakos

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My question is how to plot gm/ids vs Vov in Cadence. I know how to plot gm/ids vs

vgs but i don't know how to define custom equation in calculator such as Vov=Vgs -Vth!

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks a lot!

to plot a waveform versus any equation you should plot both in the same waveform window then go to the axes menu and in the "Plot vs." scroll down menu, choose your equation.
I hope it helps!

Thanks a lot. But what i ask is how to define Vov=Vgs-Vth in ordr to plot gm/Ids vs Vov! If you how to to define Ids/(W/L) in order to plot Gm/IDS vs Ids/(W/L) I will appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Added after 3 minutes:

Thanks a lot! But what i ask is how to define Vov=Vgs-Vth (in waveform calculator i suppose) in order to plot Gm/Ids vs Vov! Also, if you know how to define IDS/(W/L) in order to plot Gm/Ids vs Ids/(W/L), I will appreciate it!!

Thanks!

Added after 3 minutes:

Thanks a lot! But what i ask is how can i define Vov=Vgs-vth (in waveform i suppose) in order to plot Gm/ids vs Vov!Also, i will aprreciate it if you know how to define IDS/(W/L) in order to plot Gm/IDS vs IDS/(W/L).

Thanks!

In the calculator click on OP and then select the transistor you want to know the VTH. A pop-up window will appear. In the scroll down menu of the new window look for VTH. You can then use that in your equations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back