Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free 2D or 3D simulator, hyperlynx

Status
Not open for further replies.

doofus32

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
2d bus simulators

Does there exist any free PCB (2D or 3D) for simulating current, voltage and/or electromagnetic?

How much does hyperlynx cost? Can Hyperlynx simulate an PCB boards that are made of Pads? Or does it only simulate pre models?

how much does hyperlynx cost

HyperLynx can import a board layout from PCB tools such as PADS. See the data sheet:
https://www.mentor.com/products/pcb/analysis_verification/hyperlynx/

I'm afraid HyperLynx is outside your "free" category. I saw prices a couple of years ago. HyperLynx EXT costs roughly $18K US. HyperLynx GHz is around $47K US.

hyperlynx prices

Yes, I was afraid I did remember those number. When I read the topics on this forum I se a lot of talk about HyperLynx, some I had hoped that it was some cheaper.

Any other program? Is HyperLynx an often used program?

3d hyperlynx

If your designs haven't high speed buses or signals, you probably never ever listen about HyperLynx.

If you have 33MHz PCI bus you can still have successful design without verification.

But if you have 2 or more SDRAM chips running over 70-80MHz, you are in the "dark side" and "things" become happened. Of course, you can still have working designs, but is possible to reach falls from board to board (manufacturing tolerances) or from chip supplier to chip supplier.

If you have complex boards with high speed buses (one or more), HyperLynx must be at least pre-route constrains determination.

So, the answer is "depend of your designs".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back