Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA Hardware (PCB) Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

aajizattari

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I will be required to start working on desinging custom FPGA board (for some algorithm evaluation ) including a device from Virtex Family...

I am new in this ERA

Kindly help me in any way u can

I want to know ... related software .

What about the parallel cable/JTAG support ..is it built in or something else is needed

What about te power circuitory ...

A little feed back from u can be helpful

As to my LUCK .... there is a lot of money on hand (at least for these days)

Regards

if there are a lot's of money why don't you hire someone who has expirience with that?

One way to become familiar with FPGA hardware design is to buy a similar development board from Xilinx or A.ltera or whoever's FPGA you've selected. You can learn quite a lot by simply examining the assembled board and its documentation. For example, Xilinx usually provides complete schematics, parts lists, Gerber files (PC board artwork), and firmware examples. Xilinx also provides some of those files for free on their web site, so you can preview them without buying anything.
https://www.xilinx.com/products/devboards/index.htm

Here's a helpful little page, Xilinx's "PCB Design Checklist":
https://www.xilinx.com/products/design_resources/signal_integrity/si_pcbcheck.htm

Other companies such as A.ltera probably provide similar resources, although I'm not very familiar with them.

it's not easy task todo with very high frequency of that FPGA,
if you cant design the PCBs to run faster than few hundred MHz , just buy it.

in digital world , an 100 MHz means you have to design at least 1GHz (up to 9th harmonics) to make "square" logic not "sine"

or you will get bad result from "sine" wave run into your digital cct.

sorry in my english, it's not my first language. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.