Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Fitting a cole-cole model to data

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy123

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have obtained the dielectric properties of biological tissue and I am trying to fit a cole-cole model to the dielectric const.

function diff = function_110502(x,freq)
diff = A+((B-A)./(1+(2*pi*freq*C).^(2*(1-D))))

X0=[set of initial conditions]';
[x]=lsqcurvefit(@function_110502,X0,freq,Y)

I have tried using lsqcurvefit but it giving me back the initial values. I have also tried to use the cftool directly using the non-linear least square but still unsuccessful.

Can anyone help pls?

There is an article on the website The Designer's Guide Community - A Resource for Analog, RF, and Mixed-Signal Circuit Designers by Ken Kundert entitled 'Modeling dielectric absorption in capacitors' that may be of use. It includes a number of references. Guessing from the nature of your enquiry it would seem that you may have access to an institutional library. There is an annual series of books entitled Progress in Dielectrics which may may contain relevant information. Reference [6] in Kundert for example is to the Cole-Cole theory appearing in Progress in Dielectrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back