Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Attempt to calculate symetrical components - get wrong results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototyp_V1.0

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I have this calculation issue that I'm not able to figure out what I'm doing wrong (I have used an online calculator so I know my result differs from the true answer).

This is the list of every wrong calculation:
  • Positive sequence:
    • Real answer is

354∠97∘354∠97∘​

• My calculation

475∠52,8∘475∠52,8∘​
  • Negative sequence:
    • Real answer is

333,5∠31∘333,5∠31∘​

• My calculation

65,6∠127∘65,6∠127∘​
  • Zero sequence:
    • Real answer is

0,3∠−122∘0,3∠−122∘​

• My calculation

0,18∠215∘0,18∠215∘​
I cannot tell if the zero sequence is wrong too, because on the web calculator I had trouble to insert decimals and rounded to nearest integer. This small value may be caused on rounding errors. Frankly I don't know if this calculation is also wrong.

Attached files:
  1. Screenshot from online calculator. I know this must be correct because the sum of each vector gives approximately the original values.
  2. Screenshot from Geogebra. Now after posting I see the naming scheme could be better, but the names relates this way to the names they should have used:
Isymetrisk1 --> positive sequence phase A
Isymetrisk2 --> negative sequence phase A
Isymetrisk3 --> zero sequence phase A

Appreciate any answer that can help pointing out the errors in the calculations.

web-based-calculator.png

my-attempt-geogebra.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Update : I was able to calculate the correct results by hand (simple calculator). So I assume the error must lie in how I make Geogebra calculate the results.

Attachments

• balanserte-komponenter_result.jpg
    balanserte-komponenter_result.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back