Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

file transfer between 2 PC project! Need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiconductor

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tranfer files between pcs serial dos

I was given an assignment whose deadline is April, 30th
It is as follow:

Write a program that can transfer a file between two PC using COM port!
This program can handle any error occurs!

I’m not good at programming in VC++ but my tutor want us to write our program in VC++ environment. It does not matter because I have nearly1.5 months left. But may be I would need your help over VC++ programming language!

Right now, I do not know where to begin. Can you recommend me your ideas, some documents, internet links as well as, your project report (both hardware and software) related to this assignment.

Thank you in advance!

vb file transfer pc - pc source code

Hi,

You can do it easily using MSComm control. I've some example codes in VB. If you can port it into VC++ then pls pm me and I may send you the files.

Regds

happy_99

data transfer between two applications in vc++

Hi,

For transfer a file between two PC using COM port
You can use xmodem/ymodem/zmodem protocol.

tcsa35

binary file transfer com port in vb6

:p Download and enjoy.

send bin file serial port

This class, CZModemCore, and the two helper classes (CZModemComm and CZModemFile) implement the ZModem file transfer protocol.
It's a simple implementation and supports the two basic tasks of ZModem, sending and receiving files over a communication ressource like a modem on a serial port.

Usage is very simple:

Construct an instance of the CZModemCore class with three parameters:

CZModemCore* zmodem = new ZModemCore(/*HWND*/m_hNotifyWnd,
/*HANDLE*/hport,/*HANDLE*/hCancelEvent);
The first parameter must be the handle of a window, to which status messages can be sent.
The second (hport), the handle of a com port.
The third (hCancelEvent) makes a user-break of the transfer in progress possible.

For sending files call the Send() method given the pointer of an array of filenames to send.

CStringArray files;
files.Add("c:\\ZModemSend\\file1.zip");
files.Add("c:\\ZModemSend\\file2.zip");
zmodem->Send(&files);
For receiving files, call the Receive() method given the pointer of an empty CStringArray and a destination folder to save the received files. The CStringArray holds the names of all sucessfully received files after method returning.

CStringArray rfiles;
CString recdir="c:\\ZModemReceive";
zmodem->Receive(&rfiles,recdir);

The methods of the CZModemCore class are divided in four layers, from layer 0 for the really basic tasks upto layer 3 for the topmost tasks. Look the source for further details.

During the transfer some messages will be posted from the ZModem classes to the notify window, specified in the first parameter of the constructor of CZModemCore. Messages are explained in header file ZModemCore.h.

No message pumping is implemented in the ZModem routines themself. Either you add the code to do this pumping by yourself in one or two of the layer 3 methods to avoid blocking the application during transfer, or (like I did in my application) you let the whole transfer running in a worker thread, setting its priority to above-normal (to avoid losing bytes from the comport) and do the user interface tasks in the main thread.

BTW: the source code is a typic example of "growing by needs", I didn't mind about elegance and optimization. A main goal was to simplify understanding ZModem protocol tasks. So please be mild ;-)

vb file transfer between two programs

First of all, I would like to send my best thank to all of you who have answered my questions. But it seems that I really need your help more!

Actually, I'm in the 3rd week of this semester, and I'm studying the subject called DATA COMUNICATION. This project belongs to this subject. I've just learnt something and really now, I do not fully understand all that you post. It would be kind of you if you can give me some of the basis knowledge!

Now, I'm wondering, where can I start this project! This is my idea, I don't know whether it's correct or not because my knowledge on this subject is not enough!

- firstly, I have to write a program. It must detect a control signal from the computer connected to it. If this signal "tells" me that, this computer want to send me a file. Then, my PC is ready to receive.
- Secondly, I want to send the PC connected to mine a file. First, I will have to send a signal to let this PC know my intend. Then, If this PC accept my file, I'll have to send the file to COM port!
- Thirdly, I have to use modem to implement the file tranfer between two PC? Is there any other ways that do not involve the modem?

Right now, I do not have any more idea! Please help me, explain in detail the process, some basic knowledge is better now.

Can you recommend me some useful links related to this project, even the most basic ones!

Thank you beforehand!

Sem.

c file transfer between 2 pc

Try to search and download "Serial Port Complete" book at this forum.

file transfer between 2 pcs

Hello Happy_99,

I'm trying to send a file using Winsock in VB. but the problem is instead of the file being transfered to the other computer, only the filename and path are being sent. Do u have any sample codes in VB ?

transfert file between two pc via serial port

plz, I really need your help!!!!

Thank you in advance

file transfer between two computers using vb.net

hi,
had written a similar program & have posted the source code in this forum.

its at...
**broken link removed**

regards,
Lithium.

file transfer between 2 pc vb.net

Brecho said:
Try to search and download "Serial Port Complete" book at this forum.

I have done a search with the key words as you indicated but, I found nothing. It seems that this book hasn't been uploaded in this forum. If you know the link to download it, please, recommend me. I really need this book (in ebook version!)

Thank all of you beforehand!

file transfer basic source code

Hello U need to Study the UNP by Richard Stevens
Unix Network Programming
Then U need to knw abt Diffrnt FTPS

c program for file transfer between two pcs

How I send binary formated file <*.bin> into other PC serial port ?
I want sending BIN file for 256 byte segment without xmodem.
plz help me.

how do i transfer bin files from c to com port

Hi tcsa35,

Is it possible to post a sample project which shows how to use the Zmodem class ?

I don't know how to use the dll from another project.

Thanks

Hello every1
i kno i am replying to a very old thread but my post is really relevant here. I have followed tcsa35 send bin file serial port for implementation of ZModem. I am using the source code and not the dll. i have a certain queries
1. The speed for file transfer is quite slow ( approx 790 cps) whereas hyperterminal-hyperterminal file transfer through ZModem is 10 times faster. Any experiences??
2. I keep getting an error set error ZMODEM_LONGSP for the values mainBuf_ ÿØÿà bufTop_ ¼53 bufPos_ ¼53 (Copied from debugger). Whereas in code void CZModemCore::getData32(), bufPos = mainBuf; and bufTop = mainBuf +(sizeof mainBuf);
Any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back