Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic kit 2 not supporting dsPIC30F2010

CoolGuy99

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought some new 30f2010 but pickit2 not detecting it. But my previous 16f family was suppting. What should I do šŸ˜”

Last edited:
Which programmer software you are using ?
You should use dspic30f supported pic kit version software .
That software might be discontinued by Michrochip , anyway you can download from in internet .
--- Updated ---

Here you can download it http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/PICkit 2 v2.55.01 Setup B.zip
Hey thanks šŸ™
I have another problem please help

I've got a inverter hex file from a website when I write the file to 30f2010 it worked But when I erased the ic and rewrite the code again it giving error. I have tried multiple times but the results are same , I've tried with another ic and the same happened.Is something wrong with the hex file or with the beat configuration. Already killed 2 IC's šŸ˜…

It may be support only on Pic kit 3 version .
Any way you try to connect the 27 and 28 pin of Dspic30f20 to the programmer also ie vdd and gnd

If you only read 0x0000 then the code protection is active.
if the MCU programs but does not verify then the code is in there but you just canā€™t read it back to verify.
if you want to reprogram then you need to read the data sheet about how to completely erase the chip first - the PicKit2 has options to provide the correct Vpp voltage to do this.
Susan

It may be support on Pic kit 3 version .
Any way you try to connect the 27 and 28 pin of Dspic30f20 to the programmer
if the MCU programs but does not verify then the code is in there but you just canā€™t read it back to verify.
if you want to reprogram then you need to read the data sheet about how to completely erase the chip first - the PicKit2 has options to provide the correct Vpp voltage to do this.
Susan
Could you tell me which will disable code protection
Susan

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    20.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 89
Susan
Can you please help me by telling me how can I completely erase it , I can't find anything about how to do it..

The PicKit tool has options to perform a complete erase.
However that is not going to help you as you are programming from the HEX file that will have the code protection bits set in it. Therefore every time you program the MCU you will reset the code protection config bits.
What you really need is to 1) hack the hex file to clear the appropriate bits (really hard to get right) or 2) get the source code and remove the config settings.
Susan

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back