Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation why interstage inductor is placed between 2 transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK28

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

I've seen some Cascoded LNA design where interstage inductor were placed between 2 transistors. I do not get the clear idea about it !! I am looking for a theoretical explanations for this. Can anyone help......this is really urgent!!

Please, any site or books or journals to get a clear idea ?

MK28

interstage matching inductor

This involves what is called "interstage peaking" It goes back to about 1940. There is series peaking and shunt peaking. It forms a filter like structure with the parasitic capacitances of the active devices. You trade off a one pole gentle rolloff response for a flatter one with sharp rolloff.

tube cascode amplifier

Hi Professional,

Although I'm a laity in IC design as I'm specilized in GSM RF system, but I'm still
wandering this "pole" in the discussion above can be applied for RF application band ? I heard that LNA is a wideband device comapred to IF programmable amplifier in wireless communication Receive, So
1. How to deside this pole location in frequency in wireless comm.?
2. What's the advantage if works for gentle rolloff way in above discussion, would
it be applicable to wireless comm. system for instance, GSM, BT...

Thanks !!

interstage match

The only reason of the interstage match in a cascode LNA is to increase the gain. But from my experience the LNA become very unstable.
In a vacuum tube cascode amplifier this would help because the gain is lower compared with actual solid-state transistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back