Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why is the radiation pattern not oriented to the 0 degree?

imtiaz369

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why is the radiation pattern not oriented to the 0 degree? I got this raditaion pattern after simulation, but I wonder to know that why is the radiation pattern not oriented to the 0 degree instead of 90 dgree?

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 709
1694078631184.png

It is the xyz plane of my antenna. Could you please help me to fix it??

And, is my radiation pattern is wrong??

Could you please help me, how I should explain this radiation pattern? where is the θ & Φ?

And, this radiation pattern is oriented toward 90 degrees, how can I change it to 0 degrees?

I've also attached my antenna coordinates here!

1694113080850.png

1694113091139.png

where is the θ & Φ?
You can find the orientation of theta and phi in the xyz axis here (and hopefully in HFSS manual):

Your antenna has main beam at theta=90° and phi=0°, that is in the xy plane (PCB plane) and not upwards in z direction. No problem with that, if you show the antenna and related xyz coordinate system.

If you insist to "fix" this and get main beam at theta=0°: You could rotate the complete model so that the antenna radiates to z axis, but there might be easier solutions. My EM solver (Empire XPU) has a feature to rotate antenna patterns in postprocessing, maybe HFSS has a similar feature.

coord_transform.png

Why you don't rotate the entire physical structure and point the directive pattern to whatever direction you want.

Why you don't rotate the entire physical structure and point the directive pattern to whatever direction you want.
This is what I meant by "rotate the complete model so that the antenna radiates to z axis".

I think the problem here was to understand that Theta=0 in the antenna pattern display is fixed (z-axis), no matter where the antenna radiates.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back