Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Expedion PCB- Design capture problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankar007

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to open *.sbk schematic

Hai Every body,

This is sankar. i have used MENTOR EXPEDITION PCB software.

I have some doubt.

first i did one PCB. there is no problem. after we went to next version. there is little bit only changes in schematic. so i changed the modification.

Even i changed the . SBK file name also.
for example:
First revison:SE001_1.sbk
Next Revision: SE001_1a.sbk

Now i compiled the schematic and back annotated also finished succesfully.

in PCB i forward annotated. But the changes not updated in PCB.

i tried to open Design Capture Through : SETUP--> Design Entry.
But the design capture is not opened. there is displayed one message

That message is : A SCHEMATIC IS CURRENTLY NOT DEFINED FOR THIS DESIGN

so i don't know what is this problem. what is this problem.

Anybody can help me to solve this problem.

I am in tight situation. So please help me as soon as Possible.

Herewith i attached the image message also.

Thanks & Regards,
sankar.

expedition .prj project file

Hi Sankar,

The most likely problem you are facing is the fact that you have renamed the schematic.
Unless you edit the project file, Expedition is still looking for you'r old design, thats why a forward annotate will update nothing (the original design has not changed)

When you rename and/or copy a design you have to edit some entries in the .prj file wich you will find in the pcb directory.

For several key's there is a path to a file on your disk. You have to change all those keys in a way that they point to the new design.
After this Expedition is looking at the new design and everything should work as you are used to.

Hi Sankar,

If you rename the .sbk file, It won’t link with current .prj. So if you really need to rename it then you can create the new .prj file and add that .sbk file in that new .prj file.

In Design capture:

Project - New - Give the .prj name and path - Give the library path - Add the .sbk (renamed one) - Give CSE option - Finish. Finally it asks copy or link. Just give it to copy - Run the package. Then link with pcb for forward annotation.

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

It's very useful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back