Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle pro...how to push changes through from schem to pcb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Is this done by simply hitting the board icon when in the schem editor.

It is my great fear to get the schem and ocb out of "sync" with each other.

Please tell me how i can avoid doing this?

Is this done by simply hitting the board icon when in the schem editor.

It is my great fear to get the schem and ocb out of "sync" with each other.

Please tell me how i can avoid doing this?

That's how it works for me, there is no fan fair, just modify the schematic and click the board. I even tried put an extra component unhooked into the schematic and immediately click the board, lone and behold, the extra part showed up!!!! Try it.

In fact, this is one of the very few things I like Eagle over the OrCad, you link the symbol with package to create the device. So when you draw the schematic, it immediate turn into board. OrCad has to look at the footprint specified in the schematic, then look for the part one by one, errors show up and all.

Last edited:
Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Once you have created a board from the schematic, ALWAYS have both open when editing. If you close the board and then edit the schematic they will get out of sync. Sometimes you may want one open without the other but you have to really know what you are doing to avoid synchronization problems.

Keith

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back