Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle pro: devices with same name in library

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

In Eagle pro, is there some problem if i name a symbol or device the same name as a symbol or device that already exists in the eagle library that comes shipped with eagle?

Hello,

In Eagle pro, is there some problem if i name a symbol or device the same name as a symbol or device that already exists in the eagle library that comes shipped with eagle?

Not if you don't put them in the same library!!! I like to keep all the parts I used in my own library. Even if I use a standard part, I copy from the Eagle library into my own library first without changing the name or anything. Even if you ADD both library that contain the same exact part, it's still ok as you only pull part from one of them.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back