Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drain Induced Barrier Lowering (DIBL) coefficient of a trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosaeidi

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dibl coefficient

Hi

How I can measure Drain Induced Barrier Lowering (DIBL) coefficient of a transistor by simulation?

What is the range of η in subthreshold current equation?
I=Io * exp((Vgs-Vt+ηVds)/n)

dibl drain induced barrier lowering

rosaeidi said:
I=Io * exp((Vgs-Vt+ηVds)/n)

Effectively, DIBL (drain-induced barrier lowering) leads to a reduction of threshold voltage Vt with increasing drain-source bias Vds (through modulation or reduction of the potential barrier for carrier flow from source to drain by Vds).

Therefore, coefficient "η" (describing DIBL effect) can be calculated from the measurements of Vt at different Vds voltages as: η=dVt/dVds.

Practically, this coefficient is calculated from two values of Vt: at low Vds (Vds=0.1V or 0.05V) - called Vtlin (linear part of device I-V characteristics), and at high, or nominal, Vds (Vds=Vdd) - called Vtsat (saturation part of I-V curve): η=(Vtsat-Vtlin)/(Vdd-0.1V).

Status
Not open for further replies.