Not open for further replies.

maestroharsh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
How can I know the doping concentration of P+/P-/n+/n- in 250 nm TSMC process. I have to do a device simulation of NMOS/PMOS in Sentaurus where I would need the doping concentration. Is there any paper where I can know approx doping concentration that matches with reality.

Via capacitance values? MOSIS formerly published those values as MOSIS PARAMETRIC TEST RESULTS for many TSMC processes.

Here an example from a former TSMC 0.18µm process:

Perhaps you can get access via MOSIS registry.

Or perhaps you can find such a cross-section:
(this is not from a TSMC process).

Last edited:

How can I calculate doping concentration from Capacitance value?

erikl, nice cross section view of the transistor with the concentration values. Can I ask you where did you get that?

Regards.

erikl, nice cross section view of the transistor with the concentration values. Can I ask you where did you get that?

From a slide presentation about this process from a former colleague - about 15 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

How can I calculate doping concentration from Capacitance value?

Doping concentration has a strong - i.e. square - dependency on the junction depletion layer width from its built-in voltage, and so on the capacitance per area value, s. books on semiconductor physics.

See here 2 pages from Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, 6th edition, pp. 89-90, Fig. 6 and equ. (16): View attachment Sze-Physics_of_SemiconductorDevices_6th_edition_p.89-90.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…