Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

doping concentration of substrate and diffusion in 250 nm TSMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestroharsh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
How can I know the doping concentration of P+/P-/n+/n- in 250 nm TSMC process. I have to do a device simulation of NMOS/PMOS in Sentaurus where I would need the doping concentration. Is there any paper where I can know approx doping concentration that matches with reality.

Via capacitance values? MOSIS formerly published those values as MOSIS PARAMETRIC TEST RESULTS for many TSMC processes.

Here an example from a former TSMC 0.18µm process:
TSMC_0.18um_cap-parameters.png

Perhaps you can get access via MOSIS registry.

Or perhaps you can find such a cross-section:
PMOS-Transistor_0.18um_doping_and_layer_depths.png (this is not from a TSMC process).

Last edited:

How can I calculate doping concentration from Capacitance value?

erikl, nice cross section view of the transistor with the concentration values. Can I ask you where did you get that?

Regards.

erikl, nice cross section view of the transistor with the concentration values. Can I ask you where did you get that?

From a slide presentation about this process from a former colleague - about 15 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

How can I calculate doping concentration from Capacitance value?

Doping concentration has a strong - i.e. square - dependency on the junction depletion layer width from its built-in voltage, and so on the capacitance per area value, s. books on semiconductor physics.

See here 2 pages from Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, 6th edition, pp. 89-90, Fig. 6 and equ. (16): View attachment Sze-Physics_of_SemiconductorDevices_6th_edition_p.89-90.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back