Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does ztransform exists for a periodic discrete signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indian

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
z-transform of periodic signal

Does ztransform exists for a periodic discrete signal ?

discrete z transform of cosine

The Z transform is the discrete counterpart to Laplace transform .

Is there Laplace Transform to periodic signals ? Since as well as Laplace transform the Z transform has a ROC region of convergence. So as Laplace transfor has basic transformation to cos (wt) u(t) or sin(wt) u(t) the Z transform has transformation to cos(nt) u(n) or sin(nt) u(n).

claudiocamera said:
The Z transform is the discrete counterpart to Laplace transform .

Is there Laplace Transform to periodic signals ? Since as well as Laplace transform the Z transform has a ROC region of convergence. So as Laplace transfor has basic transformation to cos (wt) u(t) or sin(wt) u(t) the Z transform has transformation to cos(nt) u(n) or sin(nt) u(n).

i/ we could n't understand your answer ...plz be clear sir

I can't see a way of being more clear, probably if I improve my english... as it takes time, what I basicaly mean is that there are Z transform for the functions cos(nt) u(n) or sin(nt) u(n), and probably, but not sure, there are ROC problems for the Z transform of cos(nt) or sin(nt). Thats why the query about Laplace transform of periodic signals.

i want to know whether ztransform exists for periodic discrete signal or not. u[n]sin[Ωn] is not a periodic signal . pls tell me whether it can exist for periodic

As I quoted before, there might be some problem with the ROC of the Z transform of cos(Ωn) or sin(Ωn). It is just a suspicion, there should be a ROC problem in the interval minus infinite to zero. I try to help giving this opinion, but unfortunately, I am not sure. I wish I had the ready answer.

If I were desperate to know this answer, I would write cos(Ωn) in complex form and compute the z transfor in the above interval, later I would verify if it either diverge or not. As I am lazy to perform this computation I would rather stay with my suspicion and wait to know the answer in case of someone else perform the computation.

Regards.
Claudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back