Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Documents useful when designing SiGe HBT LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0hn

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I was wondering whether is there any good application notes/links/tutorial that is useful for designing SiGe HBT LNA using inductive degenerated cascoded architecture?

I did read some of the papers, the first step they do is to fix the emitter length and determine the optimum collector current density, Jc at the lowest NF. The second step, they scale the emiter length so that the optimum source resistance is close to 50 ohm while maintaining the collect current density from step 1. After that, they will determine the emitter degeneration inductor based on the cutoff frequency biased at Jc. Lastly, the serie base inductor is added to cancel out the input reactance of the base-emitter capacitance. Collector resistor is added for stability and LC network is added at collector for output matching/DC block.

But i was wonder is there any good article/link so that i can read in depth on the designing and follow through because most of the stuff are found are summarised version.

Thanks and appreciated...

SiGe LNA

read the book RFIC design by claven pallet , the LNA chapter deals with bipolar design , it is really good book

khouly

Re: SiGe LNA

Hi Khouly,

Thank you for the recommendation, but do you have any link for the book so that i could at least identify the cover for the book, as i can't seem to find it in Amazon or google search.... Is the author/title correct?

Thanks

SiGe LNA

check this link

khouly

J0hn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: SiGe LNA

Similarly there is discussion on LNA in
1. Ravender Goyal,s book on high frequency ic desin
2. John Rogers book on Rf......
3; Lee ,s book

Status