Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do not understand connections to the pin K

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivek20055

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using the LCD in my project.

I could not understand connections to this K,A pin this circuit diagram.

In datasheet it is clearly given to give current to A(anode) and ground the K(cathode).

What about connections to kathode. what is going on in this circuit

Best regards,
Vivek Alaparthi circuit2.png

It looks like an LED backlight with two brightness levels. One transistor will turn on the LED through R9 (and R2) giving a low current. The other transistor would turn on the LED with the current limited only by R2 so it will be a lot brighter.

Keith

It looks like an LED backlight with two brightness levels. One transistor will turn on the LED through R9 (and R2) giving a low current. The other transistor would turn on the LED with the current limited only by R2 so it will be a lot brighter.

Keith

Hello keith,

why 2 transistors for lighting LED. What happens if I directly give the source through R9 (larger value) which will allow low current and dim the LED.

Best regards,
Vivek Alaparthi

Vivek ,

With two transistors you get the choice of no LED, dim LED & bright LED. If you always want the LED on, but dim, then you could connect one end of R9 to ground and leave off the second transistor, as you say.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.