Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DFT: is there a need to constraint test ports(SE, SI, TM, SO)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irun2

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,
I'm not sure if I should constrait the test ports, after compile -scan and insert_dft, STA show there're lots of hold time violations related to SE(scan_enable) port. How can I fix that?
Besides, if I want to simulate the test mode, should I use modelsim or any other tools?

1- checks if you forgot to apply a disable_path on SE path. As you control this signal externaly, you don't need to have hold time fix.
2-all verilog simulator + sdf back annotation should be able to simulate the test mode

1- checks if you forgot to apply a disable_path on SE path. As you control this signal externaly, you don't need to have hold time fix.
2-all verilog simulator + sdf back annotation should be able to simulate the test mode

Thanks for the advice! I am thinking if the ATPG tool tetraMAX can run the simulation as one DFT guide has mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back