Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Device recognition in virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Nick

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've been working with structures which are not devices and are thus invisible to virtuoso. We need to establish correct connectivity but it's far too complex to do by eye.
What I've done is to create device recognition layers in the LVS rule deck (PVS), and this seems to work, when I LVS it picks up the elements I've described in the rule deck.
What I can't figure out how to do is to create the corresponding symbol for the newley specified device/structure. I made a simple symbol with the correct number/names of I/O, and performed an LVS. An auCdl file was missing, so I made that (copied the symbol to a view name auCdl) and then the error changed to ERROR (NVN-13010): Cell CCD is not defined.
I tried the same copy/rename trick and made a ivpcell view, but that improved matters none.
I can't find the relevant documentation for this issue (I have all the documentation, I just can't find one that describes what I need to do)
Anyway, does anyone have any advice on what I need to do to create a symbol for a device I've specified in the Rule-deck, or do you know the name/pages of one of the documents that I can read.

Cheers,

Nick

Do you have a netlist for the circuit (or element) that you want to include? I've created symbol views for complex analog blocks that may only exist as netlists before. Look up how to create a symbol and edit the CDF data to properly include the netlist. I know there are a few posts here that deal with that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back