Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [DesignCompiler] How to add blackbox and its timing information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordon

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am tring to add a blackbox into a topdesign.
I have pass RTL2GDSII flow in innovus for the module, and save all the output files. And then, i need to to add the module into topdesign, synthesys in Design Compiler, So i add a command set_dont touch XXX after read verilog, like the figure below,

1676085978622.png

However, the command 'set_dont_touch' seems not works, because DC still report unresolved references, is there some steps was wrong?
Another question, how to add the blackbox timing information from the files created by innovus? I think maybe some .lib? But i dont find something with .lib in innovus output files. Maybe i need to change the way to post the second question, what files are needed from innovus and how to add them?

Many thanks!!

Hi, i am tring to add a blackbox into a topdesign.
I have pass RTL2GDSII flow in innovus for the module, and save all the output files. And then, i need to to add the module into topdesign, synthesys in Design Compiler, So i add a command set_dont touch XXX after read verilog, like the figure below,

View attachment 181138
However, the command 'set_dont_touch' seems not works, because DC still report unresolved references, is there some steps was wrong?
Another question, how to add the blackbox timing information from the files created by innovus? I think maybe some .lib? But i dont find something with .lib in innovus output files. Maybe i need to change the way to post the second question, what files are needed from innovus and how to add them?

Many thanks!!
I have known some steps and, i need to export .db files, but when i write gds and save def, i type 'write_db XXX.db', it report '0' finally, it export a db file but not teh db file i want, like below
1676129178579.png

1676128680949.png

1676128699146.png

Is this a wrong db file? how to convert it to a .db file which DesignCompiler needed?
--- Updated ---

I have got the solution by the command
'set_analysis_view -hold {name1} -setup {name1}
do_extract_model XXX.lib -view name1'

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back