Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DEsign of a common soure amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liyi.sin

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am interested in designing a common gate amplifier but don't know where to start?

Also, will the common gate amplifier have similar gain as the common gate amplifier?

Is there anyone who can help me?

Many Thanks and Best regards

Hi

You can start out by looking in "Sedra & Smith": "Microelectronic circuits".

Here you can find small-signal explanation of all the configurations of both bipolar and FETs. This includes Pros. & Cons.

Regards

hi

for beginners I offer to take a look on " Gray and Meyer" book of "Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits".

some classic analog design books are good for you

Also, will the common gate amplifier have similar gain as the common gate amplifier?

I think the is a mistake any where!

timo67 said:

I think the is a mistake any where!

in my opinion, if we neglet the body effect, the common gate amplifier has the same small signal gain with the common-source amplifier.
but if we consider the body effect, the result is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.