Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

common-mode feedback of operational amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamis288

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

the following image, shows a two-stage class AB operational amplifier ( from "THE DESIGN OF LOW-VOLTAGE, LOW-POWER SIGMA-DELTA MODULATORS" );

Screenshot (264).png

this amplifier has two common-mode feedback circuit, and so, here is the proposed schematic:

Screenshot (322).png

the second stage CMFB is placed in the attachment, and I know how it works. but I do not know the second stage CMFB. Voutp and Voutn are the output voltage. Vmid is the desired CMFB, but what about Vcs2, Vcs3. how can we determine them? in the image below. you see the first stage CMFB. in this circuit, Vcmfb1, is connected to the tail current source. so, we know how feedback returns to our circuit. But, in the second stage CMFB, HOW does the feedback return to our circuit?
Screenshot (278).png

--- Updated ---

Oh sorry, after the image of "CMFB of the second stage", I've wrongly written that "the second stage CMFB is placed in the attachment, and I know how it works.". I meant I know how CMFB of the first stage
Works. But I have problem with the second stage CMFB.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.