Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Definition of setup and hold time

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajakash

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
define setup and hold time ? and details

Re: setup and hold time

set up time:is the min time the input should be stable before the clock triggers.
and hold time after the clock.this is what i understand.if more information go throegh wayne wolf.he discussed well with D-latch.

Re: floating point multiply

thanks,then what is mean by setup and hold time violations

Added after 22 minutes:

hi,
am doing 8-bit alu as a project so i need detils about floating point multiplication and how to start coding in verilog hdl. . .

Re: setup and hold time

hi,
go download section, find books from ewe meyer
dsp on fpga
then you will learn more ALU, Floating point system on DSP
cheer

setup and hold time

Setup and hold times are restrictions that a flip-flop places on combinational and sequential cirtuitry that drives a flip-flop D input. The circuit must be designed so that the D flip flop input signal arrives at least Ts time units before the clock edge and does not change until at least Th time units after the clock edge. If either of these restrictions are violated for any of the flip-flops in the circuit, the circuit will not operate correctly.

Re: floating point multiply

rajakash said:
thanks,then what is mean by setup and hold time violations

when we are not meeting the setup and hold time violations occurs

Added after 22 minutes:

hi,
am doing 8-bit alu as a project so i need detils about floating point multiplication and how to start coding in verilog hdl. . .

setup and hold time

Set up time iprovide the MAX. Freq. of the ckt
Hold time describe the functioning of Ckt.
It occurs because of Metastabilty problems.

Anmol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back