Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc motors turning too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
On my troubleshooting chart it's says if your motor turns too fast it's probably that you have improper connections.What do they mean by improper connections?

Please provide us more details, as we are in guessing mode now.

It's in a.troubleshooting chart for DC motors and all it says is your motor runs too fast it is probably improper connections. I can't figure it out myself. Besides the motor controller not hooked up properly, I can't imagine what they mean.

Is that manual for a motor (what type of DC motor?), or a controller (with or without RPM feedback), etc? We don't know what you have in front of you.

- - - Updated - - -

When a DC motor runs too fast:
reduced mechanical load,
increased supply voltage,
reduced field coil current,
For permanent magnetic motors, weakend permanent magnets (large mechanical shock, extreme heat).

These are just some things in case of a motor without RPM control loop

some equipments have more than one voltage supply within them, so if it is connected to the wrong terminals, it may run too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.