Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC DC power supply design

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIKRAM846

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am designing a power supply for Hydrogen electrolysis. For this I am using a 12VDC source (a car battery). My output requirement is 12VDC and control the current from 0-60A.
How should I go about designing a circuit?

My output requirement is 12VDC and control the current from 0-60A.
That make no sense to mee. You can control the current or voltage, but not both. It's like turn to left and right in same turn, cannot do...

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
My Bad!!
I want to control or limit the current to 50A.
When I cell draws 50A, it reads 12V across.
Thanks
Vik

If your source and output voltages are nearly the same, then that makes the design somewhat difficult. It would be easier if your source were 24V (two batteries in series).

Hi.

I had a slightly different question in this thread. Fortunately somebody in this forum knew about hall censors that could meassure huge DC currents.

Unfortunately there seems to be some automated tasks that alter some text in the posts, so the link is maked crippled.

Status
Not open for further replies.