Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

160W DC DC Converter

smijesh

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for 160W low cost DC DC Converter solution with below specification

Vin : 80VDC to 160VDC

Vout: 12VDC

I Out: 13A

Efficiency: 94%

Isolation : Yes

Topology : To be decided

Without knowing spacial and size constraints, i put forward two transistor forward with synchronous rectifiers.

Or possibly full bridge with bootstrap primary drive, and sec with sync rects.

Or possibly even Full bridge with current doubler output rectifier, and sec sude sync rects.
Without knowing spacial and size constraints, i put forward two transistor forward with synchronous rectifiers.

Or possibly full bridge with bootstrap primary drive, and sec with sync rects.

Or possibly even Full bridge with current doubler output rectifier, and sec sude sync rects.

Choice of the above three woudl depend on size and spacial constarints, and sales volume f the product.

You could even go two or three interleaved flybacks with sync rect outputs, in parallel, with mitigation cctry for load sharing purposes.
Choice of the above three woudl depend on size and spacial constarints, and sales volume f the product.
--- Updated ---

apologies, charring cross station internet is very slow today, and i woudl give further detail if it wasnt so slow...will chime back in later

Hi,

most SMPS IC manufacturers provide online selection tools, where you input all your requirements and it gives you part numbers.

I´m a professional electronics designer ... and I use the tools frequently.

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: