Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a Milkyway DB for the 45nm NangateOpenCellLibrary

Status
Not open for further replies.

shr_ud

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Has anyone created a Milkyway Reference Library for the 45nm Nangate Open Cell Library and successfully used it to synthesize in DC topographical mode. I am new to Milkyway. Have thus far been able to create a reference library following the Library Data Preparation guide for IC compiler User guide. However, when using this library for synthesis i get the error of the sort -> Error: There is no location specified for library pin AOI21_X1/B2. (PSYN-017) for all the cells.

During the library preparation I basically copied the lef file locations to both tech and cell lef boxes in the Cell Library->Library Preparation-> Prepare Physical Library-> LEF. And then proceeded through the checklist by doing nothing other than clicking OK on their respecitve forms.

I feel like I am missing something. I just need to get the topograghical mode going to get more accurate measurements for power gated design.

Thanks
Shrinidhi

I haven't done this in years, but wasn't there an "extract pins" step? This should help out based on the error you are getting.

If you are referring to the Extract BPV step then I did pass through it without setting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back