Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coplanar strip lines of 50ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Coplanar strip lines of 50ohm on rogers 6010

Hi, I want to design coplanar strip lines of 50ohm. Anyone has experience of designing it in HFSS?

Last edited:

hi, I am expecting that no one has solved this problem

There's plenty of info if you google it. The HFSS manual even has an example of microstrip transmission lines. You will just need to adapt it to your coplanar strip line.

Try: Port Tutorial CPW

There's plenty of info if you google it. The HFSS manual even has an example of microstrip transmission lines. You will just need to adapt it to your coplanar strip line.

Try: Port Tutorial CPW
hi thanks I found it with title differential line. Is it right example? but u have attached info about CPW and I am looking for CPS.

hi thanks I found it with title differential line. Is it right example? but u have attached info about CPW and I am looking for CPS.

The concept is the same. You will need to define your modes properly by specifying your integration lines in your excitation parameters.

Hi, thanks for suggestion but I am looking for someone who has designed CPS so he can share his experience.

There are numerous responses to this question on this site. One or two of the individuals have even used the transmission line format. You might look into Simon or Waddel's books on transmission lines as well. I also like Moreno and Southworth.

Frankly speaking you don't need a high end 3-D tool like HFSS to design a transmission line. A better choice is to try a dedicated transmission line EM simulator. I would suggest using **broken link removed**, which can give you broadband solutions in a few seconds to at most one minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back