Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting Variable Frequency TTL to fixed amplitude sine wave

Amr Wael

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a VCO circuit based on 4046 IC that generates TTL that varies with input voltage.
I would like to convert this variable frequency signal to sine wave with fixed amplitude (Bandwidth less than 1MHz).

I tried using an RC or LC filter however , the amplitude varies with the frequency so it ended up with signal similar to AM instead of FM.

Is there an easier method to convert the VCO output TTL signal to sine with fixed amplitude ?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If not is there a method to compensate for the variation in the amplitude or to damp the signals equally to get a fixed amplitude at the end of the day?

Thank you very much in advance.

ATTINY (just used as an example) runs at 20MHz, so generating fixed amplitude sine wave “under 1 MHz” per OP shouldn’t be hard. Yes, you’ll need an external filter. As you said, the OP maybe needs to provide more requirements.

Since he wants a VCO we need to know how many tunable decades the filter
will have to be. And a few more questions.....

Regards, Dana.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back