Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert Altium schematic and PCB to DesignSpark or Eagle format

Status
Not open for further replies.

neurobots

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a project and Cypress provided schematics and a board layout, but they are in Altium format. I do not have Altium. I primarily use DesignSpark for my work. I really need to get these converted over so I can use them. I obtained a copy of Altium's free design viewer in the hopes I could use that to do the conversion. However, I had trouble getting it to load the files. From my searching online it looks like you need Altium to be able to export out something that can be used in other apps. Does anyone know of another way I can convert these to formats I can use? If not, then I was hoping someone who does have Altium would be nice enough to convert the files to DesignSpark format if that is possible, or Eagle if that is just easier. Once I have it in Eagle format I can convert it to load into DesignSpark. I have attached the files that I received. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• CY4603 HX3 DVK schematic and PCB library (Altium tool format).zip
    1 MB · Views: 66

I can open the files without a problem in Altium Designer v. 15.1.9. However, exports to Eagle or DesignSpark are unavailable.

Well, I think you should export that files to some other format that Designspark can handle, however you should have either Altium or access to it))). And I'm not sure about the DesignSpark, never used it. I remember I struggled to bring my Altium board to DipTrace, which is not importing Altium files directly. And that was funny to know that all I need to do was to export a P-CAD file from Altium and then import that in DipTrace. I suggest maybe there is some kind of walk-around with DesignSpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back