Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert a Gerber Output to Orcad Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous_Ricky

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad gerber reverse engineer

hi All,

kindly help me in finding out the process for converting geber file to Orcad layout.
i have gerber file from Protel
need to generate netlist and footprint also.

Thanks in advance.

Ricky

Re: gerber to orcad layout

You can't reverse engineer directly from Orcad Layout. You'll need to use a CAM editor like CAM350 or Gerbtool to do the reverse engineering, and then import the result into Orcad Layout.

There's a tutorial at: **broken link removed**

Dear all,
Please help me.
I have the GERBTOOL in orcad10.5.
I want to do a reverse engineering task. I have gerber data (top, bot,drldwg, smt,ssb)of a 2 layer board. There is no other data like max file,schematic or netlist available.
I want to create the max file from the gerber data. what is the process (step by step ) to do that.
From this forum I could knew it is possible, I went through the gerbtool usermanual also. Still I am not clear how to do it (how to get footprint information & connection verification). From the gerber data it seems board has copper pour and all THcomponents placed in Bot layer.
Please explain to me , if anybody has done it successfully.

Thanks
rinj

You can do reverse engineering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back