Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting Two Circuit Boards Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

whybjorn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to connect to circuit boards together. They are to be parallel to each other and I would like to use some type of rigid connection between the two. Are any of you familiar with any type of 4 pin connector that could accomplish this?

Go to your local power company ad ask if they have some ground rails thay don't need. I can assure you that's a rigid wire . . .

I don't think that's what I am looking for.

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Here is a rough diagram of what I need.

connector.png

Do you mean stacked (like a sandwich) or in the same plane (so end to end)?

Keith.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

You answered my question! It depends on size & current. I am not sure if this search link will work: Your Search Results | Farnell United Kingdom

Keith.

They are to be stacked. I posted an image above your post. Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Thanks. Thats not exactly what I was looking for, but I think it got me on the right track.

If I have to do that, I will probably use SIL connectors with 2.54mm spacing.

If I have to do that, I will probably use SIL connectors with 2.54mm spacing.

depending on how close (or far) they need to be, that would be my choice too, cheap and easy to find

4uconnector.com has an amazing selection of connectors, including board-to-board. For standard orders they have minimum quantities of 100 or more, but they also have an option to order samples that appears if you create an account. The total number of samples is unlimited (you do pay for the samples and shipping), but they have a max sample quantity per part, per order. I've ordered a lot of samples from them to stock my parts box. Even factoring in the shipping, many connectors were much cheaper through them than standard suppliers. If you can deal with the slow international shipping, check them out.

Hi,

You don't give any clear idea of size or current handling but for a simple and readily available connector try some 9 pin D type connectors like used on pc serial ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back