Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting relay output to PIC16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.msmahmoud

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

am using the following module as TX-RX remote control, i need your help in connecting the output of the relays to the microcontrolling to implmnet my algorithm

after some searching i got that i may connect this output directly to the micro-controller, but i cannot understand what is meant by rely stat :
A pin is close
B pin is opne and close
C pin is open

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• Kit_12Relay.pdf
    154.5 KB · Views: 96

I guess that what they mean is that "A pin is closed" (unenergized) normally closed contact of the relay.
"B pin is open and close" is the common connection of the relay or pole of the relay.
"C pin is open" (unenergized) normally open contact of the relay

but when i connect 12v dc i got nothing !from three pins

The three pins will be isolated from the 12 V With a Ohm meter check if you have continuity between pin A and B with the unit off, and then check for continuity with the relay energized.

i did so , when unit of A and B connected and when device is on C and B connected

so what is the connections should be with micro-controller pins ?

You cannot directly drive a 12v relay with a 5v micro. You need more power. You will need to put some transistors in between the F877a and the relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.