Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combining Multiple Schematics in PADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two separate schematics each in a separate file. I want to combine those two schematics into one new schematic. I tried exporting the two files and then manually combining it into a new file, then importing that into PADS. however i'm getting errors and with components being deleted. is there a (better) way of combining the scematics?

thanks

hai,

open both schematic files first. then you select the circuit (with/whith out sheet )and make it as a group. then copy to file and gave a name and save. then open another file and insert a new sheet, then open edit and paste from file.

regards

havi

There shouldn't be the same references in both schematics. You chek and fix. Later you can import two schematics on PADS at once.

-Rajkumar

Pls try to merge these two schematics and export the netlist first, then compare the .asc file with the current pcb file. See what happen

hai,

In PADS it won't accept to duplicate the refferance designators. Automatically it takes the next no. But it won't repeat.

bye

first open those two schematis and open another new schematic page do copy past from both pages to new schematic page .but you have to put refdes manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back