Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Code monkey is at a crossroads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APOK87

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All!

So I'm currently a student, and had a proposition posed to me by my professor. He stated that is I could get a retro game (Pong, Asteroids, Tetris or scorched earth) to run on my PIC18F452 I would get a massive amount of extra credit(equivalent to a exam grade). Does anyone know where I could find some source code for pong, (or any retro game you can think of) in c (or ASM), that would work with the MplabX (version 2.35) xC 8 compiler? Also on a side note, I am brand new to the PIC18 family so outputting custom characters to the LCD(Hitachi HD44780U (LCD-II)) is kind of over my head. Any info or tutorials that may help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
TC

Last edited:

Proteus simulator comes with a chess game. It uses GLCD. They contain C and Basic source codes.

C:\ProgramData\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 8 Professional\SAMPLES\VSM for PICMICRO\VSM for PIC18

I remember pablin did pong & tetris in a TV with a pic16f...

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I myself made some games with a GLCD with a PIC16F88 in Assembler and later ported them to Avr-gcc for a Atmega32... please note my implementation could be very different because I didn't check pablin's code when I did mine...

I'm sorry all the comments and some documentation is in Spanish, it's 10 years old code, but I hope it could be useful to you...

Attachments

• PIC_GLCD_6100.zip
    261.7 KB · Views: 66
  • _GLCD.zip
    718.9 KB · Views: 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back