Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Code coverage, functional coverage and cover command in PSL language

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsrpkumar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
what is difference betwen code coverage and functional coverage.

what is cover command in PSL language

Added after 2 hours 5 minutes:

Hi
How to do naming for cover in PSL.for different coverage.Give example.Thanking you
kumar

Re: Hi

Hi,

vsrpkumar said:
Hi
what is difference betwen code coverage and functional coverage.
Code coverage is based on the RTL implementation (some times gate level too) - basically on the "code that will make the chip".

FCOV - it is based on "functions" of your system/chip - you need to explicitly code them (unlike code cov, where in the cov model is automatically derived).

BTW - I'll be covering these and much more in my upcoming training workshops in Bangalore, drop me an email if interested @ ajeetha <> gmail.com

what is cover command in PSL language

It is form of a functional coverage - more on "control oriented" stuff. For e.g. if you want to cover a scenario in a cache controller as:

An L2 Cache miss shall be followed by a Main mem read within 10..100 clocks:

An SVA code (equiv can be done in PSL)

Code:
(c_miss, v_a = c_a) |-> ##[10:100] mm_rd && m_a == v_a)

Now, assuming that this some thing that you would like to "see" happening once in a while (and not always - in which case you would use assert ) then you can use "cover property".

(BTW, this is incomplete code, straight from a coverage talk that I gave in SONA college, Salem, India last year)

Hi
How to do naming for cover in PSL.for different coverage.Give example.Thanking you
kumar

c1 : cover property ..
c2 : cover property ..

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com
Stay tuned for Verification centric training workshops in Bangalore!

Re: Hi

Functional coverage : is the test cases written to test the different functions/features of the design. You should have test case for every function/feature you have implemented in your design (system level)
Code Coverage : is how much ur test suit covers the different statements and branches of your design.
Practically it should be more 90 % for both statements and branchs

Thanks
Haytham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back