Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit repetition on a PCB ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexglvr

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working a Board design using Altium Designer in which a part of the board is repeated 5 times.

I then defined this repeated part of the circuit into a sub-schematic.

I would like to route this part of the schematic only once...

How can i do that?

Thank you for your help,

Alex

Look up Design Snippets.

It was introduced in AD6.0.

In my top schematic, I have several instance of the same schematic.
I then have a structural schematic hierarchy
(as it is presented in the wiki **broken link removed**)

When I update my PCB, altium generates several "rooms" each of them being associated to a sub schematic....

When I update the board, alitum generates several "Rooms", one per sub schematic.

For example, if my top Design uses 3 sub_schematic :
- toto.sch,
- titi.sch
- 4 x tutu.sch

The generated board will contain 6 rooms (toto, titi, tutu_1, tutu_2, tutu_3, tutu_4).

The goal is to route tutu only once...
I tried routing it and making copy/past, but I then have conflicts within component/net names...

I did not find how to associate a "PCB Circuit" to a schematic...

(In the Wiki, in the multi channel design chapter, they present how to implement several time a schematic, but they do not explain the next step... How to make the PCB of this multi channel schematic...)

Thank you for your help,

Alex

As with most other tools, copying routed modules or "snippets" in Altium Designer seems to start with a routed instance of the
subcircuit. It doesn't work, if you have drawn the schematic instances before. You either have to delete them or to rename each
net and component. Alternatively, you can copy the PCB artwork and rename the nets (which would be even more time consuming,
I think).

you need top use the 'copy room format' command.
there are several command for rooms. Look under Design -> Rooms.
see also TR0112 PCB Editor and Object Reference.PDF in your help folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back