Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

/Can somebody give me some advice about ESD simulation? /

Status
Not open for further replies.

hxnudt

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can somebody give me some advice about ESD simulation?

I want to use Hspice to simulate ESD,but i don't know how to make an equivalent circuit model of ESD,can somebody give me some advice to do this,and does my ideal wrong,any other EDA soft can I use?

I think it is not too difficult to build a circuit model for esd.

This example is for Hspice HBM2kV simulation ,you can put your protection device in it.

SUBCKT HBM NEG POS
RR1 NET20 POS 1.5K
LL4 NET20 NET5 7.5u
CC5 POS NEG 10p IC=0
CC4 NET20 POS 1p IC=0
CC0 NET5 NEG 100p IC=2K
.ENDS HBM

But,if You foundry don't extend the models to get accurate high current behavior,it is too difficult to find a simulatable ESD protection device.

hspice esd simulation is not accurately enough to direct design, and i think esd theory do little help for conventional design acitivity, i prefer to silicon-verified esd structure and foundry test data.

If you are designing for manufacture, I think you'd better use the fundry provided ESD device models. If they do not provide, it is almost imposible to do the simulation stuff by yourself.

ESD problem normally can not be found in simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back