Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use the Done signal in FPGA to reset my design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God ! Finally I caaaaaaaaaaatch it :lol:

It works with the UCF constrain : INST "signal name" INIT = value;

The problem was that my code is FSM based
so I defined the current state and next state flip flops with zeros as my initia ( reset ) state is defined as zero in the code !

But when I refered to the synthesizer report I found a statment :
( The FSM was implemented as one-hot )
In one hot ; for example If you have five states ; It creats 5 f/fs
and the coding is
so , there is no "00000" state and all my tries was to initialize with zeros !

That's all ; I just want to share this with you and also want to thank you all for your posts ...Viva elektroda :)

it is possiple, but I donot recommend this, I always only use DONE as a status signal, DONE has to be pullled up by 330 Ohm resister to vcc if use vritex part. donot screw this signal.

If you are using a Xilinx device you can just add the following to your RTL where you declare the flops you are trying to set to a specific INIT value. For example in verilog:

reg [3:0] your_flop /* synthesis xc_props = "INIT=C" */ ;

your_flop should be initialized to 'hC after configuration.

thedog

I don't meet this question when i was using the chip.
but i think you can use reset circuit with long reset time. and I think the programing of the FPGA should not take so much time. if really, you can make use of parallel programing, which can save your programming time. try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back