Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I buy 8-way motherboard or do I have to build it myself ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiox

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need a motherboard with 8 CPU Sockets, becouse I have 8 CPUs which can work together. I have no idea where to find it. I was looking for it on the internet for a few days now. This situation is rather hopeless. I saw this kind of motherboards by myself in other supercomputers, but I don't know where to get it. Do I have to build it by myself ? How do those people who have 8-way motherboards buy it ? Its for eight processors Intel Xeon E7 - 8870. I have bought them recently. I also have those :

- four Intel Xeon Phi 7120X
- three RME HDSPe MADI
- Kingston 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3L CL9 LRDIMM
- Fujitsu HDD 2.5 (SFF) SATA/SAS Hotplug HD SATA 6G 1TB
- Crucial 512 GB m4 SATA III 2.5''

Please help me or at least give me some contact details to the people who can help me in this situation.

Aiox

You don't need a 'normal' motherboard, there are special ones made for high end servers that use multiple Xeon processors. They are VERY expensive. Unless you are an expert in a team of PCB designers, forget any notion of building your own board, designing for a single processor is an expert job, designing for 8 is a nightmare even for a team of experts!

Also bear in mind you need a PSU capable of maybe 1KW or more continuous rating and a lot of cooling fans!

Brian.

I still don't know WHERE can I buy this motherboard. I have a relatively big budget for this motherboard, which is £7.000. but where.... where.... By the way I live in Perth, United Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back