Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combing two hf Antenna? Do I need coupler or multiplyer/mixture or splitter?

patelkes

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I wants to combine two HF Antenna. One is capturing verical oriented hf waves and another is capturing horizontaly oriented waves.(both from 1 mhz to 30 mhz)

I wants to combine in a way that there is a sum of both amplitude in a 0 degree phase manner.

Can any one help me to select right method and device?

Thank you.

Regards
Kesh VK2KES

Consider that combining two antennas with orthogonal polarisation will simple produce a 45° polarized antenna characteristic. You can achieve the same by using one 45 ° rotated antenna.

A hybrid splitter/combiner something like this one should work for you
Hi G4BCH

Thank you very much for your help.

Following readyly available combiner is the same as what you are referring..

Please help..Thank you for your time..

Kesh VK2KES

Consider that combining two antennas with orthogonal polarisation will simple produce a 45° polarized antenna characteristic. You can achieve the same by using one 45 ° rotated antenna.
I have one Antenna which is discone antenna which capture verical hf signal. Another antenna is bushcraft 3 line EFHW which captures horizontal hf (NVIS)

Both has a hf signals. Some time discone is good some time bushcraft EFHW is good. That is the reason I wants to combine both...

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back