Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadstar Library re-creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmenet

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadstar library

Hi

i am new to cadstar, have used pads before

i have a schematic archive file, and a pcb archive file

, and can create libraries from both schematic, and pcb, but how on earth do i get the parts index back.

i just want to add a few bits to an old desig

any clues ?

regards

acmenet

Hi acmenet

no way.
Only thing is u need to make the part libraries again.
Lets see whats other say??

cheers

Eek

in pads you can just pick up parts and save to library, i was kinda hoping that cadstar did the same thing

Can i crib the partinformation from the pcb files in some sort of ascii format maybe

acmenet

As above, there is no way to export the parts information from just the PCB or schematic without lts of re entering it.

In design editor, you can export the symbols only, then "add file" in the symbol library to get the symbols in the library.

Do the same for the PCB.

However it is the parts info that ties them all together that you are missing.

It is a common mistake that scm & PCB files are backed up without the library files for them.

Depending upon the complexity of the board that you have, if it's simple it should not be too hard to re do the parts info.

Good no know that this feature is in PADS i.e. so simple

any way lets see when Zuken is going to introduce this feature

thanx for the info

regards

acmenet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back