Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence: Virtuoso Schematic Question help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfhanif

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
While annotating the transistor for its operating point, i can display only 3 types of component display properties (eg, Id, Vgs, Vds or any other 3 types)... but if i want to display more than 3, say 4 or 5 such type of properties .... is there any way?

thanks

Your question is a little ambiguous. What do you mean by operating point? Do you mean threshold voltage? I don't really understand why you are annotating these properties into the schematic since they are redundant. One can tell, simply by looking at the diagram, which terminal is the gate, source, drain and, if applicable, bulk. In practice, the notation for current or voltage for any terminal is also assumed from the diagram (e.g. Vx is the voltage of terminal x). However, if you wish to explicitly label these you can use "Create Wire Name." Depending on your Virtuoso version, it should be found in the top right and have the letters "abc" above a wire. Once you create a label you can move it to wherever you like.

I hope this answers your question. If not, please be more specific.

Your question is a little ambiguous. What do you mean by operating point? Do you mean threshold voltage? I don't really understand why you are annotating these properties into the schematic since they are redundant. One can tell, simply by looking at the diagram, which terminal is the gate, source, drain and, if applicable, bulk. In practice, the notation for current or voltage for any terminal is also assumed from the diagram (e.g. Vx is the voltage of terminal x). However, if you wish to explicitly label these you can use "Create Wire Name." Depending on your Virtuoso version, it should be found in the top right and have the letters "abc" above a wire. Once you create a label you can move it to wherever you like.

I hope this answers your question. If not, please be more specific.

Hi trav1s, No that was not my question....suppose i am simulating a common source amplifier.... now you want to print its DC operating point.... one way is to use the drop down menu from Virtuoso ADE under results....the second way is to annotate the DC operating point of the transistor, there it will show 3 default properties namely ID, VGS, VDS but now if i want to see more than 3 properties just by annotating (say gm, VDSAT, VTH etc)... i want to know how to do this....

There are options in Virtuoso schematic window "Component Display" in Edit menu bar where i can select what actually i want to get displayed.... but the problem is the tool doesn't display more than 3 parameters ..... how to increase that ????

thanks

When you create a symbol, you can add more 'cdsPara()' in the form. One cdspara() point to a paramter, then you can display more than 3. So you can try to modify the symbol. Good luck.

When you create a symbol, you can add more 'cdsPara()' in the form. One cdspara() point to a paramter, then you can display more than 3. So you can try to modify the symbol. Good luck.
Hi Question, I didnt get that, "creating cdsPara() in the form" i couldnt find it anywhere.....can you elaborate ?

regards

Hi mfhanif,

I will only answer to this :

I didnt get that, "creating cdsPara() in the form" i couldnt find it anywhere.....can you elaborate ?

Try to create a symbol view for your schematic just to see those parameters.
After the creation you will see a box/rectangle and some cdsPara() notations with orange letters usually on it.Those are the parameters mentioned above.

I don't know in contrary how to answer your initial question,i am not aware of it...maybe somebody else can give a brief description to solve your issue.

Regards,
Jimito13

Find among the menus something called CDF editor, and browse to your nmos component. There you will find the settings to display additional parameters. Some parameters I usually display is the overdrive and vdsat distance.

You can edit the symbol view, then add one or more cdsPara(). I can not start the schematic editor now, if you still have question, I will reply you on monday.

Thanks to all for the help....

Hi, I aslo have to same problem as you have. Did u find the solution?? I tried to edit the cdf parameters but still didnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back