Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC5.1.41 libInit.il

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshe

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I wanted to know is it possible to overwrite the libInit.il file, which is specified in the project area by a local version of the same??
I am actually trying to load a user defined set of "modelPath"s for the analog design environment. So i have another skill script in my local area to do that. But the libInit.il file in the project area, that is sourced whenever i open the library manager, overwrites the "modelPath"s by loading a script in the project area.
Any suggestions how this can be done? Any help would be helpful..

Thanks

AFAIR, in 5.1.41 the ~/.cdsinit file is executed immediately before opening the CIW. So we used to put our personal customization into this file:

Code:
;##############################################################################################
;#                                                                                            #
;# LOAD USER CUSTOMIZATION FILE 
;#                                                                                            #
;##############################################################################################
/* added this to let users add their own customisation, without 
   hacking the library .cdsinit file.  date 18/08/99 */

when( isFile( "~/.cdsinit_personal" ) 
     printf( "    LOAD \".cdsinit_personal\" FILE FROM THE WORKING DIRECTORY.\n" )
     loadi( "~/.cdsinit_personal" )
);when

You can load here either your libInit.il file directly, or - for more personal customization - put these instructions into a (e.g.) ~/.cdsinit_personal file, together with more personal preferences.

Reactions: Akshe

Akshe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi erikl,

I tried to load the local copy of libInit.il and then load the model.il by putting these statements in .cdsinit in my local area. It works that way.

But there are some issues that i see.

1. The local libInit.il starts loading but then after the first line itself it starts loading the project libInit file. After successfully loading it, it reloads the local one.

Thus giving out some errors like

*Error* User post install trigger already registered for viewType maskLayout

The libInit.il in both project and local area is as below -

Code:
let( ( ddObj (success t) (libName "Lib_Name") )

printf("Loading LOCAL %s/libInit.il ...\n" libName)

if( ddGetObj(libName) then

;; load custom library initialization file

;; load library display resource file

;; load custom library initialization file (exit) 

else

success = nil

)
If any of the 3 files aren't loaded then also success is set as nil, which is then used to display a status message at the end of the file.

2. The CustomExit script (3rd file) that is called to load all .ile and .il, is the one that is causing the overriding of the local model.il. I have added the path of my local model file there as well but this doesn't seem to take it.

I am very new to Skill hence I am not sure whether it is because of something wrong in the script or the file is being sourced due to some other command elsewhere.

I think you'll get good advice at !

Does the direct load of your local libinit.il file within the TechLib environment work?

Adding the following to .cdsinit makes it possible to add user defined model files for ADE at startup:
Code:
[I]ddGetObj("yourTechLibName") 
load("myLocalModel.il") [/I]

I did not load my local libInit file as i was doing it to just change the customExit version of same and my basic aim was to load some user defined set of model files for ADE at statup.

I have another doubt wrt to the display of the schematic in schematic composer. The colours for the various components seem to be different from what is seen normally. For e.g : yellow colour for the wires, Instance names for the ports in pink etc.

I tried editing and loading the changed display.drf from my local path but the colours dont change still. Any suggestions for this?

Adding the following to .cdsinit makes it possible to add user defined model files for ADE at startup:
Code:
[I]ddGetObj("yourTechLibName") 
load("myLocalModel.il") [/I]

Right, and thanks a lot to !

I tried editing and loading the changed display.drf from my local path but the colours dont change still. Any suggestions for this?
I guess you just need an icfb restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.