Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Build process in GCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps_arunkumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have written code in uV4 for LPC2148 and it worked. I want to compile the code in GCC (I have installed GCC tool chain on ubuntu 11.10 and also I have Cygwin with gcc tool chain installed). Could anyone please help me the step by step build process for generating a hex file. I am beginner in Linux and explained method of compiling the code is much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

I assume you mean to say, you want to use GCC now to compile code which you had previously done with Keil uV4.

If you have a single source file, you can do this simply as arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o hello hello.c, and you can execute the hello app by typing ./hello at the cmd prompt.

If you have multiple source files, you need to have a Makefile, which will indicate or act as an input to the make system you can say, to compile and link the source files.

This link should be useful for you.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back