Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running Modelsim/Questasim in batch mode and storing data

zuzubingo101

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to automate the simulation, testing and verification of results in Modelsim (in Linux) without GUI. For that, I have to open the project, then run the script file(.do) and store the results in a list file. The mydofile.do contains following commands. add list /PATH/signal_a run 1000ps -all write list -window List result.lst

I am running the following command

Open the simulation project using vsim and time in picoseconds. "vsim" invokes the simulator. mydofile.do is a script file that configures and runs the simulation vsim -batch -t ps abc.abc_demo & -do mydofile.do

The simulation project opens, loads the design and executes the .do file successfully. However, at the end of the simulation, I get the following error Error: write list not supported

I have also tried using console mode as well with the following command vsim -c -t ps abc.abc_demo & -do mydofile.do But that results in "Error: No list window. (nothing logged?)"

If I run the simulation in GUI mode (vsim -t ps abc.abc_demo & -do mydofile.do), things work fine and result.lst file is stored with updated values.

How to achieve the required execution without opening GUI?

I have never used a list file. Is it really useful?
Is it a way to do testing without a test bench?
I recommend that you write a test bench, and let it write the interesting data to a file with normal file i/o operations.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back