Best EM tool for reflectors..? Need Help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atul_microwaves_antenna

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All experts,
I am trying to simulate reflector antennas such as corners,parabolic etc. I started with Corner and SuperNEC but it seems that results are not very accurate and NEC always show efficiency 100%.
I started then with IE3D , but it seems that it is gud for planer structures. 3D models design and simulation seems to be tough there.
I have already gone thorugh some old topics discussing best EM tool for antenna design. My requirement is very specific. I want a good EM software for reflector antennas (all types).What should I prefer? I am newbie in this area and unable to decide from where to start now.
Has anyone used Fidelity from Zeland for reflectors? I am going to use it. How is it..?
Pls let me know..

can you specify what are your requirements?
software, hardware?
you want to build one?
is it a lab project?

Hi,
Yes it is a lab project and it is just started. About requirement, I want to first simulate a Corner and then a parabolic reflector a basic one. About which one, I can say let's take any example from JD Kraus or Balanis book. I am really trying to get the hold of it first.
Regarding the practical aspects,I am also looking into it but really speaking for me choseing a right software to simulate a Prime focused Parabolic reflector or Square Corner Reflector is first thing I wanted to do but struggling a bit here also.
Yes,I want to build one at the end and about h/w and s/w requirement I need to chose a good EM simulator first to start of really.
Please let me know.

OK
start first by taking a look at these websites and let me know your feedback

corner reflector

h**p://www.northcountryradio.com/Articles/crfl.htm
h**p://people.wwc.edu/student/andeda/school/antenna/

figure:
h**p://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1376051172048941318oNrNWF

parabolic :

h**p://www.mlesat.com/antennas.html

all:
h**p://www.educypedia.be/electronics/antennaparabola.htm
h**p://www.w1ghz.org/10g/antennas.htm

DO NOT FORGET THE HELPED BUTTON

Hi,
Sorry for it...I am a newbie sir..pls don't mind..I will remember it..
Yes..I am checking one by one...and let u know sir..

atul_microwaves_antenna said:
Hi,
Sorry for it...I am a newbie sir..pls don't mind..I will remember it..
Yes..I am checking one by one...and let u know sir..

what do you mean?

check the sites I will try to post software sites. But check the results with the antenna books

Hi,
That is coz I forgot to click on HELPED button...nothing else...
YEs pls post the s/w sites...I checked the links u posted y'day..one of the link is very helpful...very gud links are they...

Check this link it contains several antenna design software packages.

h**p://www.wiley.com/college/stutzman/std.htm

this is a tutorial on reflector antennas
h**p://www.cv.nrao.edu/course/astr534/ReflectorAntennas.html

You should try TICRA GRASP, which is specially developed for reflector. You can download a student version on its website.

Hi fishyxl,
Thanks..y'day I downloaded the student version and installed it...it seems good one..but I am still exploring..

Hi,
I am checking SABOR as well, but it dosen't provide accurate results.I mean, when I tried to simulate a design example from Balanis book it is giving some other gain values. And it doesn't support surface distortion errors also which I need very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…